So much is involved in the moving process, and it can be a source of great stress and anxiety. But the process doesn’t really stop once you’ve moved in and unpacked. Sure, you are technically moved into your new city. However, to make it your home, you need to ensure your living space is comfortable and safe, and you need to familiarize yourself with the area and all it has to offer. If you’re planning a move to Houston or have already moved in, the Heights Blog invites you to consider these resources to help you truly get settled in and make it your home.
Researching Local Providers
First things first: take care of the to-dos that will make your home functional. Setting up your internet, electricity, water, and other utilities is an important first step in making your property a welcoming place to set down roots. Check out these resources:
- Best Internet Providers in Houston
- Your Home Energy Cost Guide
- 11 Ways to Reduce and Save Money on Utility Bills
Decluttering and Cleaning
When you’re busy unpacking, it’s easy to inadvertently create clutter, and many of us don’t have the energy to deep clean a new home as soon as we move in. However, cleaning as you go will create a fresh atmosphere, and working to omit clutter as you unpack will establish organized living areas in every part of your home.
- 6 Ways To Declutter When You Move
- What Do I Do With My Stuff After Decluttering?
- The New Home Deep Clean: What to Clean When You Move
- Find the Best House Cleaning Services in Houston
Home Maintenance and Repair
It’s not uncommon to buy a home that needs a few repairs upon move in. Whether you DIY or hire a pro to take care of maintenance tasks, getting your home in tip-top shape as quickly as possible will help you feel more settled from the get-go.
- Top Houston Handyman Services
- Common Home Repairs You Can Actually Do Yourself
- How Much You Should Budget for Home Maintenance
Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
If your move to Houston was long-distance, it’s a good idea to get your vehicle maintained. After all, you’ll want it to be in good working order so you can use it to explore our city!
- Find Top-Rated Houston Auto Repair Shops
- 100 Car Maintenance Tasks You Can Do on Your Own
- Avoid These 6 Mistakes When Switching Car Insurance
Finding and Choosing Sitters
For families with children of the human or critter variety, there will come a time when you’ll need to find a reliable sitter. These resources will help you find trustworthy caregivers.
- Find a Babysitter Online
- Essential Questions to Ask a Potential Babysitter
- How to Find a Pet Sitter Online
- 10 Questions You Should Always Ask a Pet Sitter
Food and Fun
There is no shortage of exciting things to do in Houston. Use these articles as a starting point to get to know (and love!) our great city.
- 5 Easy Meals to Get You Through Your Move
- The Top Restaurants in the City
- The Best Things to Do in Houston
For Business Owners
If you own a business, there are a few additional steps you’ll need to take as you settle into your new home. Don’t forget to learn about the ins and outs of running a business in Houston, transferring your business to Texas, and registering it with your local chamber of commerce.
Moving anywhere comes with its challenges, but using resources like these can help the entire process go more smoothly. Be sure to bookmark the Heights Blog so you can stay up to date on all things Houston as you settle in. Soon enough, it will feel like home!
Thank you to Patrick Young of Able USA for the wonderful resources outlined in this guest post!